The Artevelde University College hopes you will enjoy your stay in Ghent. Everything you need to know about accommodation is to be found here. Please read the information below carefully, in order to be well prepared for a pleasant stay.
Apply for a room at Artevelde University College
- for Exchange students: from Tuesday 12th June 2018 (from 9 AM) you will be able to apply online
- for Degree seeking students: from Tuesday 5th June 2018 (from 9 AM) you will be able to apply online
Find a room on the private market
ATTENTION: be aware of internet fraud! Especially when you find an offer via Facebook. In case of doubt, please contact our Housing Department in advance.
For questions about rental laws, quality of living, rights and obligations of landlords and so on: contact email@example.com
Kotatgent is a housing service of the City of Ghent and works in collaboration with Artevelde University College.
- Check our overview of rooms which were put online by students who are going abroad for a short period (Dutch website).
1. What can you expect from the housing offer?
Take a look at the rooms and locations: view details
2. You sign the rental agreement: your rights and duties!
- Read the rental agreement carefully before signing
- We ask you to pay the deposit beforehand, as well as two months rental fee
- Report problems and damages immediately to the Housing Department
- If you wish to stay longer than agreed upon in the rental agreement, consult the Housing Department!
3. End of the rental agreement
- Contact the Housing Department so the room can be inspected
- You have to leave the room before 10 o'clock
- If the room is cleaned and the keys are delivered, the deposit will be transferred to your bank account.
4. Daily life information
Have a look at www.stad.gent/international-students for more information about studying, living, transportation and administration upon your arrival.
5. What you should also know:
- Please read the house rules carefully. Breaking them may lead to the end of the rental agreement.
- It is difficult for foreign students to get a student job in Belgium. If you have financial worries, ask advice at your home institution before your departure.
For Degree seeking students we recommend you to have a look at our overview of costs.
- What about internet? https://www.studenteninternet.be/en/
Do you need support in English? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call +32 9 395 60 00
- Concerning your registration in our city:
For students from The Netherlands
For all other international students
- Tourist information? Here you find it in 5 languages.
A type of grant for students in dorms who meet four conditions: the travel between your home and the campus – door to door – is at least 60 minutes by public transport (or you are in dorms due to specific social circumstances, e.g. motor skills disorder, big family, etc.), your nationality condition, your rental contract is at least 8 months AND you are a scholarship student, partial scholarship student or non-scholarship student with an income of maximum 7 500 euro above the maximum limit to receive a student grant from the Flemish Government.
Your application must be submitted from 12 November 2018 until 1 June 2019.
If you have more questions concerning accommodation, please contact:
Housing Department, Hoogpoort 15, B-9000 Gent, BELGIUM
TEL: + 32 9 234 92 16 - E-mail email@example.com
ATTENTION: we are closed during weekends and holidays: Autumn holidays, Christmas holidays, Spring holidays, Easter holidays and Summer holidays. If you arrive in Ghent during the collective holidays, or on Saturdays and Sundays, you are responsible for accommodation yourself: search for housing in Ghent. The accommodation service and the international coordinator of your department can be contacted again the next working day.